This guide will teach you how to get rid of the custom Recovery image and restore the original stock recovery of Samsung Galaxy S4 model numbers I9500 and I9505. Read the entire post and you should be able to complete the tutorial fast and easy. Make sure to read the entire guide and not skip any steps.
The Stock recovery image files has been released by ‘emwno’, an XDA member and developer. Both variants of Galaxy S4 are supported as long as they have the I9500 and I9505 model numbers. The Samsung Galaxy S4 hasn’t even been officially shipped worldwide and these guides are starting to be available already. We cannot guarantee that this guide will work with your device, when that one will ship to you. Use this tutorial with caution in case you will get the new Galaxy S4 in the next few weeks, as we cannot guarantee that you will manage to install the files successfully.
A custom Recovery is a tool that helps users flash custom ROMs, kernels and any other files that one can use in order to improve the overall Android experience. In order to make sure that you successfully restore your Samsung Galaxy S4 to its Stock Recovery image. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S4 model numbers I9500 and I9505. Do not try to use this guide with a different smartphone, as you will end up bricking it.
- Your computer needs to have the Samsung USB drivers installed as otherwise you cannot connect your SGS4 with it and restore stock recovery image.
- The Galaxy S4 has to be factory unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging option from the Android Development menu.
- Backup all the files that are currently stored on you smartphone.
- Make sure that your phone’s battery has enough power left in it before getting to the ‘how-to’ part of this post.
- Use the guide only if you’re an advanced Android user.
- Don’t blame us in case you brick the phone or you lose any data in the process.
- Read the entire tutorial first and don’t skip any steps.
Since you’ve read all of the above, you can continue to the next part and restore your smartphone to stock recovery image. If you cannot complete the process then you should ask for extra help in comments.
How to restore Samsung Galaxy S4 Stock Recovery from CWM / TWRP Recovery:
- Download the Official Galaxy S4 recovery file from the links below:
>Stock Galaxy S4 I9500 Recovery file.
>Stock Galaxy S4 I9505 Recovery file.
- Extract the contents of the zip file and place them on your computer’s desktop screen.
- Download Odin 3.04 from HERE. Extract the contents on your PC.
- Power off your smartphone now.
- Boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power.
- Launch ODIN exe.
- Connect your smartphone with your PC using the USB cable.
- ODIN will now say ‘added!’, which means that the phone has been recognized by your PC and you can continue to the next step.
- Click PDA and then browse your PC for the .tar.md5 stock recovery file. Load the file in ODIN. Make sure that you don’t change any default ODIN settings.
- Click the START button when you’re ready for the installation of stock Recovery image.
- Wait a few minutes until ODIN completes the install, when that happens you will see the phone restarting.
- Disconnect the phone from PC when the phone is restarting.
- That’s it, you’ve managed to successfully restore your Galaxy S4 to its original and stock Recovery image.
These were all the steps you had to take in order to complete the process. If ODIN freezes then you will have to disconnect the phone from PC, then close ODIN and repeat the entire tutorial after that from step 5. You will eventually manage to successfully flash the stock recovery image.