Galaxy S4 Zoom just announced officially by Samsung some time ago. This is a latest cameraphone running Android. It’s basically a hybrid between the Galaxy S4 mini and the Galaxy Camera, combining solid smartphone functionality with the versatility of a zoom lens and a proper flash. But at the time of the announcement, Samsung does not include a price for their latest product.
Germany online retailer Cyberport.de opened pre-orders for the Galaxy S4 Zoom with price 449 EUR. This will most likely translate to roughly the same amount in USD for the US market, as typically mobile products heading overseas will enjoy a lower relative pricetag.
For those of you not up to date yet, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU and features a 4.3 inch super AMOLED display (960×540, ~256 ppi), 1.5 GB of RAM, and a dissappointing amount of 8 GB of internal storage (expandable via a microSD card). All of this is being powered by a 2330 mAh and runs on Android 4.2 (evidently, with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on top).
Galaxy S4 Zoom Key Specs and features:
- 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED display (960 x 540 resolution)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with Native Damage Resistance
- Size: 125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4mm
- Weight: 208g
- unspecified 1.5GHz dual-core processor (“the selection of AP will be different by markets)
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal memory (user memory approximately 5GB)
- microSD support up to 64GB
- 16-megapixel camera with 10x Optical Zoom, enhanced SMART Modes, OIS 24-240, F3.1-F6.3, Xenon Flash
- 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- A-GPS + GLONASS
- 2330mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with TouchWiz on top
Now, as far as the camera department is concerned, the S4 comes with a 16 MP rear-facing camera with 10x optical zoom, Optical Image Stabilization, HDR, F3.1-6.3 F-Stop range, 100 to 3200 ISO range, and a Xenon Flash. The front facing camera has the decent amount of 1.9 MegaPixels.