Samsung Galaxy S4 has officially released by Samsung Electronics on March, 14 at New York, US. The Galaxy S4 has a 4.99″ Super AMOLED screen with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, which adds up to a pixel density of 441ppi. The screen still a new PenTile matrix, though it probably won’t matter much at this kind of density. How about fourth generation smartphone from the Galaxy family comparing with the iPhone 5? Here’s the explanation.
As far as specifications go for the hardware on Samsung Galaxy S4 as it compares the the iPhone 5, there really couldn’t be two more different devices. With the Galaxy S4 you’ve got Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and the company’s own TouchWiz user interface working alongside and within. The iPhone has iOS the only version of the software that exists for the newest wave of Apple mobile devices.
Samsung Galaxy S4 VS iPhone 5
Samsung Galaxy S4
- Display: 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED 1920 x 1080 pixel display at 441 PPI
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor / Samsung Exynos 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Processor – depending on market
- Cameras: 2 megapixel front-facing, 13 megapixel back-facing
- Dimensions: 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9 mm, 130g
- Storage: 16 / 32 / 64 GB internal storage, 64GB expansion microSD slot
- Battery: 2600 mAh
Apple iPhone 5
- Display: 4-inch Retina 640 x 1136 pixel display at 306 PPI
- Processor: A6
- Cameras: 1.2 megapixel front-facing, 8 megapixel back-facing
- Dimensions: 123.8mm x 58.6mm x 7.6mm, 112g
- Storage: 16 / 32 / 64 GB internal storage
- Battery: 1440 mAh
With the Galaxy S4 you’ll be working with Samsung’s newest-in-new user experience as outlined in their four user experience pillars of greatness you’ll see these in the timeline below as well. Android runs here as well with all the connections that operating system implies while Apple’s OS is in an entirely different arena.
Both devices are connected to the major apps across the Facebook, Twitter, all your social networking goodness, and more apps to send messages back and forth between any device than you’ll be able to ever experience. Whether you’re going to pick up a device with a massive display and Samsung’s brand on its back, or if you’re going to go with the other most popular smartphone in the world, Apple’s iPhone.
Have a peek at the timeline below for more information on the brand new Samsung Galaxy S4 and remember to check the full iPhone 5 review out for just about as close-up a look as you’re going to get without purchasing the device for yourself.