Want to edit what applications can be used with the device’s multi window feature? All of this is possible and more if you root your phone. Rooting is the process of gaining administrative or “root” access to your device, which gives you access to all the directories, commands, and subsystems. Galaxy S4 Active users, who have updated their devices to the latest build and currently looking for a root Samsung Galaxy S4 Active method, may follow our step-by-step guide.
Read This First
- The following rooting procedure is intended only for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295; if you attempt the same method on a different device or model, you may end up bricking your smartphone!
- Your smartphone should be at least 60% charged before you begin.
- Back up your most important data and files.
- Download and install the necessary files before you start the rooting process.
- Rooting your device will void its warranty, so proceed at your own expense. You can however, later on restore its warranty by installing an official ROM.
- We are not to be hold responsible if you end up bricking your smartphone.
- A microUSB cable.
- Download and install Odin (hit the link to go to the download page).
- Download and install the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active drivers using Samsung KIES.
Step by Step to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295
- Install and run Odin.
- Then download the root package (hit the link to go to the download page).
- Unzip the root package on your desktop and then turn off your Samsung Galaxy S4 active and wait for a few seconds.
- Now enter download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Power and Home keys simultaneously.
- While the smartphone is booted into download mode, connect it to the computer via the microUSB cable.
- Now Odin will display the added message. The ID: COM box will turn yellow or blue in some cases.
- Select PDA from Odin.
- Select the root file -> don’t make any other change and just click start.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active will be rooted. Wait until the rooting process is complete and then unplug the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
- In case Odin gets stuck or you experience any other problem, close Odin, unplug the USB cable and restart your device. Then install the derivers once more and start the rooting process all over again.
This Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available. Make sure you’ve appropriate drivers installed on your PC.